Leadpages is a marketing-focused website builder product to help our clients generate leads to attract customers. We are a no-code, drag-and-drop platform which is the powerful new wave of online marketing. We are 40 people strong that work closely together, we move fast and enjoy what we do along the way.
At Leadpages, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value respect and celebrate everyone’s individuality while honouring their unique strengths. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product innovation, diverse products, and a successful business.
Our most recent news is that we were acquired by a Canadian company called Redbrick. Redbrick is the parent organization of a wide portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia.
One thing that our team members say they value most is our fun and truly ‘people-first’ culture. Ours is a place where you’re given the autonomy to do your best work and provided with all the tools and support you need to do so. Here are some of the things our team loves most about working at Redbrick:
- Highly competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation time, healthcare & benefits, including a generous 401k matching program
- ‘People-first’ culture that prioritizes fun
- Autonomy and freedom to do your best work on your own terms (you won’t find any micromanagers here!)
- The option to work in-office (if located in Minneapolis), hybrid or fully remote
- State-of-the-art and centrally located office in Minneapolis
- Remote work fund to create a successful work from home setup
- Opportunities to work on interesting products
- High-end hardware and equipment — in the office and at home
- Opportunities to learn and grow through professional development support, funding, and mentorship
- Internal mobility; opportunity to work with various products and teams across the Redbrick portfolio of companies
- Monthly fitness reimbursements to support a healthy and active lifestyle
- Modern tech stacks (React, TypeScript, Python, Kubernetes)
- Opportunities to contribute to open-source communities
“Forget about hating Mondays, at Leadpages, there’s a powerful reason behind the work that we do, plenty of opportunities to stretch your skill set, and brilliant, good-hearted people to support you in ‘getting it done.”
- Madeline, Leadpages
What does a day look like in my role?
As a Cloud Engineer, you'll work with a dynamic team to help build out and manage our cloud infrastructure and deployment pipelines. You’ll partner with development teams to build and support tooling - specializing in centralized logging, monitoring and alerting. You will also develop a strong familiarity with all aspects of our overall architecture, including React front-ends and Python API microservices. You’ll have opportunities to work on product development across the stack - candidates with application development skills will find many opportunities to become a valued member of the team - there’s nothing boring about this position! Leadpages headquarters is in Minnesota but this role can be performed remotely as well!
We get it: You need to know what you’re applying for before you sign up, right? This is what you need to know: As a Cloud Engineer, will shift and grow but to start with, you will:
- Help to manage our virtualized cloud infrastructure in the Google Cloud stack: App Engine, Container Engine (Kubernetes), Compute Engine, Cloud Datastore, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL and BigQuery.
- Assess and maintaining the reliability and security of our platforms.
- Have joint ownership of our CI/CD automation, currently run by Jenkins and deploying mostly to Kubernetes and AppEngine.
- Have joint ownership of our monitoring systems, currently driven by Prometheus.
- Participate in an on-call rotation, assisting in post-mortem reviews and fixes.
- Think laterally and collaborate with other teams to work through tough challenges.
- Craft awesome solutions while taking the needs of multiple areas of the organization into account.
- Push back and voice your opinion if you think differently from the rest of the team.
- Work within the fast-paced, lean startup environment, knowing it means we ship early and often.
- Watch what you’ve made and helped your teammates create awesome customer value.
What you’ve done:
You have a unique combination of skills, talents, and mindset, including:
- Experience with building and scaling complex application systems.
- A background in scripted provisioning/configuration management tools (think BASH, Ansible, Salt, Chef, Terraform and similar).
- Familiarity with Docker and container-based building, deployment, orchestration and service discovery.
- Building release pipelines using CI/CD tooling with Jenkins or other platforms.
- Experience with open source monitoring and logging, such as Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana and Grafana.
- A solid understanding of Unix-like operating systems, Ubuntu/Debian in particular.
- Proven development ability; you’re confident with writing and testing robust scripts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to clearly communicate with both technical and business team members.
Who you are:
- You build bulletproof and secure systems that others can depend on, but you also dabble with prototypes and experimental new solutions.
- You love improving the intelligence of various systems and environments through the implementation of sturdy and searchable monitoring and centralized logging.
- You always look for new things to learn and new ways to leverage your knowledge. You would take great pride in becoming a Subject Matter Expert people can trust.
- You have a passion for collaboration with software development teams to work towards the best solution to a need together.
- You automate everything! Literally. And you rarely (if ever) manually fix the same problem twice.
What we would like to see in you.
- 4+ years of experience at creating and managing large-scale applications in a cloud platform, with preferred experience with the Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Development experience is a plus.
- Ability to convincingly articulate complex analytical ideas in a simple way to a variety of key stakeholders from different functions.
- Experience working with people across different geographies, including remote management of people and deliverables.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in IT, computer science, engineering, business, design, human-computer interaction or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong leader, educator, and coaching skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Apply with your cover letter and resume and links to your GitHub or public repos.
- Take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram for all that is happening at Leadpages and Redbrick!
Leadpages and Redbrick are committed to having a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Come join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.