Leadpages is a marketing-focused website builder product to help our clients generate leads to attract customers. We are a no-code, drag-and-drop platform which is the powerful new wave of online marketing. We are 40 people strong that work closely together, we move fast and enjoy what we do along the way.
At Leadpages, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value respect and celebrate everyone’s individuality while honouring their unique strengths. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product innovation, diverse products, and a successful business.
Our most recent news is that we were acquired by a Canadian company called Redbrick. Redbrick is the parent organization of a wide portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia.
“Forget about hating Mondays, at Leadpages, there’s a powerful reason behind the work that we do, plenty of opportunities to stretch your skill set, and brilliant, good-hearted people to support you in ‘getting it done.”
- Madeline, Leadpages
What does a day look like in my role?
As our Senior Design Lead at Leadpages, you’ll translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies and manage the creative process from concept to completion, ensuring visual communication and brand standards are met at all times. This role leads and directs the creative team (in an agile sprint environment) in the production of collateral ranging from web page design to multi-channel ad campaign development, providing meticulous quality assurance before publication. This is a full-time temporary position up to a 13-month contract to hire opportunity. The location for this role is preferred for Minnesota but can be performed remotely.
We get it: You want to know what you’re signing up for before you apply, right? This is what you need to know: As a Senior Design Lead, you’ll be responsible for:
- Ideate, develop, and oversee the production of all deliverables produced by our team, including ads, web pages, videos, PDFs, events, podcasts, and presentations ensuring deliverables are on-brand, high-quality, and delivered on time.
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Marketing to develop creative projects to achieve company goals.
- Oversee all research and ideation required to execute cross-channel marketing strategies
- Manage and coach a team of designers and copywriters (including full-time employees, shared services team, and freelance contributors).
- Proactively manage multiple projects, from start to finish, to meet requirements and timely delivery in an agile environment.
- Guide the creative team in best practices for various digital channels and stay abreast of emerging trends and opportunities.
- Procure additional services (voice-over, video editing, photography, etc.) and manage associated accounts.
- Collaborate closely with cross-disciplinary teams from marketing, sales, and engineering.
- Lead UX/UI projects to develop and refine experience on the brand’s website and app, including user testing and analysis.
- Act as the final brand gatekeeper and provide meticulous quality assurance on all visuals, ensuring everything is pixel-perfect before publication.
- Other duties as assigned.
After 1 week you will have:
- Completed onboarding.
- Met the marketing team.
- Become familiar with team norms, operations, agile scrum workflow
- Gained an understanding of Leadpages’ history, competitive landscape, and target customer persona
- Created your own landing page within the Leadpages Builder
After 1 month you will have:
- A clear understanding of the marketing team’s content calendar, project requirements, and how each team member plays a role in launching a successful campaign or exceptionally completing a project in a timely manner
- Studied the Leadpages’ Brand Guidelines, Writing Style Guide, & Product Design System, gaining the ability to provide direction to web designers, writers and UX/UI designers in order to maintain a cohesive brand experience across all channels.
- Connected and/or worked closely with various extensions of our team, such as freelance writers, video production artists, voice talent, and creative services team members
- Conducted an analysis of the full customer journey—from the prospect’s awareness phase, to lead, to trial start, to customer product experience—seeking areas for improvement and providing creative insights to improve brand touchpoints, user experience, and conversion rates at each stage.
After 6 months you will have:
- Provided creative direction, proactively managed (and played a part in designing assets) for multiple projects, ranging from marketing campaigns to product features, blog posts, and templates—while meeting requirements and delivering on time in an agile environment
- Managed and coached a team of designers and copywriters—whilst championing their work and enabling their growth
- Collaborated closely with cross-disciplinary teams from marketing, sales, and engineering, and sourced talent for outsourced projects ranging from video production to extensive copywriting
Ideally, we would like to see in you:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in design, advertising, or a related discipline
- 5+ years of hands-on creative production experience (ideally within the software industry)
- 2+ years experience managing direct reports
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Indesign, Invision
- Strong knowledge of After Effects
- Strong leadership when collaborating with design, engineering, product, and marketing
- Demonstrable experience in brand management
- Fundamental understanding and working knowledge of digital marketing processes and execution.
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Apply with your cover letter and a one-page resume.
- Please provide a portfolio of your relevant work experience
- Take this opportunity to tell us your story in your cover letter and why you’d be a good fit for our team. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram for all that is happening at Leadpages and Redbrick!
Leadpages and Redbrick are committed to having a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Come join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.