Leadpages is a marketing-focused website builder product to help our clients generate leads to attract customers. We are a no-code, drag-and-drop platform which is the powerful new wave of online marketing. We are 40 people strong that work closely together, we move fast and enjoy what we do along the way.
At Leadpages, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value respect and celebrate everyone’s individuality while honouring their unique strengths. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product innovation, diverse products, and a successful business.
Our most recent news is that we were acquired by a Canadian company called Redbrick. Redbrick is the parent organization of a wide portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia.
“Forget about hating Mondays, at Leadpages, there’s a powerful reason behind the work that we do, plenty of opportunities to stretch your skill set, and brilliant, good-hearted people to support you in ‘getting it done.”
- Madeline, Leadpages
What does a day look like in my role?
Leadpages’ Senior Engineering Manager will be a dynamic and inspiring leader with a passion for managing, mentorship, and influential leadership. This individual will grow and lead engineering teams, facilitate Agile methodologies, involved with product management and will collaborate with other teams and execute staff. Your primary responsibilities will be to hire great people, mentor through regular feedback, and lead the team to consistently deliver, but you should also be able to dig in and solve hard problems and collaborate on technical guidance. To succeed in this role, you will have a passion for Agile software development, fostering a culture of collaboration and innovation, and possess a strong background in the SaaS space. Ultimately your job is to ensure we rapidly ship high-quality software to support our scaling and growing business!
We get it: You need to know what you’re applying for before you sign up, right? This is what you need to know: As a Senior Engineer Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Successfully recruit, manage, motivate and mentor members of the software engineering team
- Collaborate with the product management to deliver innovative, reliable products that delight our customers
- Collaborate with Team Leads on design/architectural decisions that meet the future needs of our customers taking into consideration current and future technical standards
- Coordinate across multiple engineering teams
- Ensure a high level of quality in Leadpages’s software products
- Continuously look for ways to improve the engineering organization to, improve quality, and continuously improve processes
- Lead multiple engineering teams within a nimble product organization, utilizing Agile product development methodologies
- Ensure your teams’ goals are aligned with the company and keep them on track
- Apply best practices to lead engineering teams through design, development, unit testing, code reviews, and deployment of features and components
- Be the voice of the team within the business and communicate the company vision and goals back to the team
- Provide inspirational thought leadership to the team in the areas of software engineering best practices, industry direction, and innovation
- Contribute to and evangelize Leadpages’s engineering culture
- Develop people within your teams towards career progression goals
- We're an agile, fast-growing company and this job description isn't meant to be an exhaustive list of your qualifications or all the things you'll do!!
After 1 week
- You will be onboarded with the Engineering team and Leadership team and get a sense of how you will fit within the company
After 1 month
- You will know our Product and major initiatives
- You will understand our product roadmap and begin to make an impact
After 6 months
- You will feel confident in your role and will be flying solo
- Built a strong rapport with your team and are helping them learn and grow in their roles
What we would like to see in you.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5-7+ years of engineering management of teams of at least 5-10 individual contributors
- 5+ years of SaaS product experience
- Experience with large scale applications in a cloud platform, with preferred experience on Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Familiarity with our current tech stack, Python, React.js
- Success at participating in cross-functional engineering teams; naturally collaborative but decisive when needed
- Ability to manage multiple projects, teams and schedules in a rapid-growth environment, to coordinate successful/timely releases and achieve quality objectives
- Provide demonstrated leadership and stellar people-management and conflict-resolution skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, a thorough understanding of software engineering.
- Experience in leading delivery teams in agile software engineering practices
- Ability to convincingly articulate complex analytical ideas in a simple way to a variety of key stakeholders from different functions
- Experience working with people across different geographies, including remote management of people and deliverables
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Apply with your cover letter and resume and links to your GitHub or public repos.
- Take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram for all that is happening at Leadpages and Redbrick!
Leadpages and Redbrick are committed to having a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Come join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.