Redbrick is headquartered on the traditional Coast Salish territory and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and learn to be good visitors to this beautiful land.
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established businesses, and growing them to super-scaled profitability—all thanks to the people we hire.
- 4 portfolio companies and growing
- 1 amazing shared services team
- 100+ employees globally
“It's amazing to work on a team of talented individuals that constantly challenge you to better yourself while offering support all along the way. That's what it's like working at Redbrick. Everyone here strives for excellence and no one gets left behind. We are all working toward the same goals in different capacities, and we all rely on each other to achieve them.”
— Josh, Redbrick
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we have made where you work flexible. Most of our team enjoys a blend of home and in-office working. In-office time brings many perks, however we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that we all can enjoy.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You want to know what you’re signing up for before you apply, right? This is what you need to know: As our Senior Copywriter, you’ll be responsible for:
- Developing, writing and thoroughly proof marketing copy for the company website, landing pages, blog articles, nurture emails, case studies, ads, and large content assets (e.g., eBooks, white papers, interactive content, etc.).
- Crafting long-form blog articles that are optimized for people and search engines alike and format content in WordPress for review and approval.
- Conducting occasional customer interviews to produce case studies and white papers.
- Providing UI copywriting and copyediting for new business products, websites, and in-app experiences.
- Participating in content curation to refresh/ rewrite/ repurpose existing content to achieve marketing objectives and improve SEO.
- Ensuring the content aligns with the strategy and is consistent with style guidelines as well as brand voice and tone.
- Participating in the content creation and optimization processes in collaboration with marketing team members.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously, communicating closely with internal stakeholders, and working in an agile environment.
- Applying and prioritizing marketing best-practices as well as a meticulous eye for detail.
After 1 week:
- You have been through our onboarding process and are comfortable in our office space.
- You have been introduced to your team and have an understanding of their roles and how you will be integrated into the team, in turn, kick-starting internal relationships.
After 1 month:
- You are starting to develop a better understanding of Redbrick and all of the portfolio companies.
- Creating relationships with internal stakeholders and have a better understanding of their roles.
After 6 months:
- You are comfortable with the voice and language of Redbrick, as well as our portfolio companies.
- Successfully posted various blog articles and created a strategy and process to improve content communication.
- You are planning, writing, copy editing, and collaborating alongside various team members on an ongoing basis.
- You are reviewing company websites, landing pages, copy, and bringing forward content solutions and ideas.
- You have a love for marketing and marketing technology. You have a deep respect for marketers and what it takes to drive a business forward.
- You’re also intrigued by technology and how it can make the process much easier for small businesses and marketers.
- Familiarity with evolving SEO best practices.
What we would like to see in you.
Every Redbricker has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry, and good-humored. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Senior Copywriter on the Shared Services team, there are extra superpowers we look out for:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in English, journalism, marketing, business, or another copywriting-intensive field.
- 3+ years of copywriting experience, preferably with experience in direct response copy as well as editorial.
- Experience writing paid digital advertisements, UI/UX copy, email marketing, organic social posts, blog articles, case studies, and downloadable resources (such as ebooks).
- Experience using WordPress or another content management system.
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Apply with your cover letter and resume.
- Take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram for all that is happening and Redbrick!
Redbrick is committed to having a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Come join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.