Redbrick is headquartered on the traditional Coast Salish territory and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and learn to be good visitors to this beautiful land.
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established businesses, and growing them to super-scaled profitability—all thanks to the people we hire.
4 portfolio companies and growing
1 amazing Shared Services team
One of our four portfolio companies, Leadpages is our marketing-focused website builder product to help our clients generate leads to attract customers. We are a no-code, drag-and-drop platform which is the powerful new wave of online marketing. We are 40 people strong and are the newest addition to Redbrick’s portfolio companies.
“Forget about hating Mondays, at Leadpages, there’s a powerful reason behind the work that we do, plenty of opportunities to stretch your skill set, and brilliant, good-hearted people to support you in ‘getting it done.”
— Madeline, Leadpages
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we have made working in the office fully optional. Most of our team enjoys a blend of home and in-office. In-office time brings many perks however we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy. We welcome this role to be fully remote so if you're not in Victoria BC, please still apply!
What does a day look like in my role?
Leadpages’s Senior Software Engineering Manager will be a dynamic and inspiring leader with a passion for managing, mentorship, and influential leadership. This individual will grow and lead engineering teams, facilitate Agile methodologies and will collaborate with other teams, executive staff and product management. Your primary responsibilities will be to hire great people, mentor through regular feedback, and lead the team to consistently deliver, but you should also be able to dig in and solve hard problems and collaborate on technical guidance. To succeed in this role, you will have a passion for Agile software development, fostering a culture of collaboration and innovation, and possess a strong background in the SaaS space. Ultimately your job is to ensure we rapidly ship high-quality software to support our scaling and growing business!
We get it: You need to know what you’re applying for before you sign up, right? This is what you need to know: As our Senior Software Engineering Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Successfully recruit, manage, motivate and mentor members of the software engineering team
- Collaborate with the product management to deliver innovative, reliable products that delight our customers
- Lead the team toward the best technical solution and design/architectural decisions that meet the future needs of our customers taking into consideration current and future technical standards
- Coordinate across multiple engineering teams and Engineering leadership when defining new designs and solutions
- Advocates for high-quality standards in the team's work. Holds members accountable for adequately testing code. Encourages integration and automated end-to-end testing best practices.
- Ensure a high level of quality in Leadpages’s software products
- Continuously look for ways to improve the engineering organization to, improve quality, and continuously improve processes
- Lead multiple engineering teams within a nimble product organization, utilizing Agile product development methodologies
- Ensure your teams’ goals are aligned with the company and keep them on track
- Takes part in mentoring and actively promotes pair programming and in-person code reviews among the team
- Apply best practices to lead engineering teams through design, development, unit testing, code reviews, and deployment of features and components
- Be the voice of the team within the business and communicate the company vision and goals back to the team
- Provide inspirational thought leadership to the team in the areas of software engineering best practices, industry direction, and innovation
- Contribute to and evangelize Leadpages’s engineering culture
- Develop people within your teams towards career progression goals
- We're an agile, fast-growing company and this job description isn't meant to be an exhaustive list of your qualifications or all the things you'll do!!
After 1 week
- You will be onboarded with the Engineering team and Leadership team and get a sense of how you will fit within the company
- You will be introduced to your team in a group and in 1 on 1s
After 1 month
- You will know our Product and major initiatives
- You will understand our product roadmap and begin to make an impact
- You will find a rhythm with your direct reports and understanding the team’s needs
After 6 months
- You will feel confident in your role and will be flying solo
- You have built a strong rapport with your team and are helping them learn and grow in their roles
What we would like to see in you.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5-7+ years of engineering management of teams of at least 5-10 individual contributors
- 5+ years of SaaS product experience
- Experience with large scale applications in a cloud platform, with preferred experience on Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Familiarity with our current tech stack, Python, React.js
- Success at participating in cross-functional engineering teams; naturally collaborative but decisive when needed
- Ability to manage multiple projects, teams and schedules in a rapid-growth environment, to coordinate successful/timely releases and achieve quality objectives
- Provide demonstrated leadership and stellar people-management and conflict-resolution skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, a thorough understanding of software engineering.
- Experience in leading delivery teams in agile software engineering practices
- Ability to convincingly articulate complex analytical ideas in a simple way to a variety of key stakeholders from different functions
- Experience working with people across different geographies, including remote management of people and deliverables
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Apply with your cover letter and resume and links to your GitHub or public repos.
- Take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram for all that is happening and Redbrick and Leadpages!
Redbrick and Leadpages are committed to having a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Come join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.