Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established businesses, and growing them to super-scaled profitability—all thanks to the people we hire.
- 3 portfolio companies and growing
- 1 amazing shared service team
- 60+ employees
One of our 3 portfolio companies, Assembly is our digital publishing arm. Powered by dedicated content experts and an in-house media team, we write and publish fact-driven content from the entertaining to the educational across 3 popular websites. Our Assembly team is 25 people strong and borrows from Redbrick’s shared HR, finance and marketing services.
“If you’re willing to work hard and want the opportunity to take ownership of a project or goal, this is the place to be. Leadership does a great job of letting you take charge and making sure you’re on the right track. We take risks at Redbrick - we build new technologies. If something isn’t possible, we try to figure out how to make it work. That’s pretty rad”
We think of the office like a second home and believe you should enjoy your work and the people you work with. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments like a second family and feel invested in your future. Flexible work hours and health and wellness funding (so you can get your gym membership or race registration paid for, no excuses) are a few of the perks of working at Redbrick. Plus, with regular team events, from ping-pong tournaments to Beer Fridays, work feels a little more like family.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You need to know what you’re signing up for before you sign up, right? This is what you need to know: As Digital Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Helps establish the vision for each digital property; articulates and communicates the vision in a clear and compelling way to internal and external audiences.
- Takes ownership for each digital property and is accountable for its measurable success.
- Conducts competitive research to ensure digital properties are considering the latest trends in the marketplace.
- Continually explores opportunities to increase digital properties’ end-user value and revenue while working within advertising and business objectives.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to establish, prioritize, and maintain the product roadmap for each digital property and make roadmap progress visible to stakeholders.
- Continuous use of evidence-based decision making in communication and prioritization decisions.
- Balances and coordinates requirements across digital properties, while ruthlessly prioritizing features and tasks based on input from stakeholders.
- Follows contemporary Agile/Lean practices to deliver on business objectives.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and the technical team to groom the feature backlog, ensuring backlog items are ready to be actioned by the technical team.
- Clearly and concisely defines feature acceptance criteria; collaborates with the technical teams and other departments as needed during feature implementation; verifies that the acceptance criteria met.
- Reviews digital property performance metrics (e.g. engagement, conversion rates, etc.); identifies and analyzes trends in performance metrics; escalates and reports on issues as needed; tracks issues through to resolution.
After 1 week:
- You have a high-level understanding of the various departments.
- You have a high-level of business understanding of our infrastructure as well as how our team operates.
- You can articulate our mission and how they correlate to the various properties.
After 1 month:
- You have built cadence and understanding from both an end-user perspective and a business perspective.
- You are collaborating with stakeholders to meet objectives.
- You can speak high-level on goals, missions, and objectives from a brand perspective.
- You have identified ideas that can improve workflow, properties.
After 6 months:
- You have pushed a product from ideation to production.
- You have improved workflow across business stakeholders.
- With input and feedback from your stakeholders, you have developed detailed 1-year product roadmaps for each of the digital properties.
- You have a deep and clear understanding of the user experience on each of the digital properties and you are able to leverage this knowledge to increase engagement while maintaining high-quality user experience.
What we would like to see in you:
Every Redbricker has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry and good-humored. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Digital Product Manager with Assembly, there are extra superpowers we’re on the lookout for:
- 3+ years of experience as a product owner.
- Experience in the digital publishing industry although not a necessity.
- Extremely effective communicator.
- Excellent attention to detail while also being able to zoom out to the big picture.
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Apply with your cover letter and resume and links to any projects you are proud of. In the cover letter take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
- Check out our properties: Assembly, Facty, Automaatic, Heywise
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram for all that is happening at Redbrick!