Shift, a Redbrick portfolio company, is a productivity platform that helps customers streamline and optimize their workflow, in one beautiful place. On a mission to bring focus and convenience to the workday, Shift makes managing multiple apps and accounts—without logging in and out or opening up a browser—simple and intuitive. By re-thinking the way work gets done, Shift is solving an acute pain point felt by millions, and growing at an unprecedented rate.
Shift has established itself as a market leader in its category, having scaled at an impressive rate to redefine how consumers approach their digital-centric work lives. In December 2019, Shift announced the successful close of its $1M seed round, indicating the company’s product-market fit, business viability, and ongoing commitment to addressing some of the most common pain points felt by today’s technology users. Our Shift team is 15 people strong and borrows from Redbrick’s shared HR, finance and marketing services.
“The exciting, innovative, and collaborative culture at Shift is matched with brilliant, dedicated people who truly enjoy working together to solve problems and achieve big goals. There are endless opportunities to learn, and you really feel like you are having a meaningful impact each and every day.”
Our work home is at the Redbrick headquarters. We think of the office like a second home and believe you should enjoy what you work on—and who you work on it with. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and feel invested in your future. Flexible work hours, health and wellness funding (so you can get your gym membership or race registration paid for, no excuses) are a few of the perks of working at Shift. Plus, with regular team events, from ping-pong tournaments to regular Friday post-work gatherings, work feels a little more like family.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You need to know what you’re signing up for before you sign up, right? This is what you need to know: As Customer Success Manager, some of the things you’ll be responsible for are:
- Liaising between product/development and customers.
- Communicating goals to internal & external customer support teams.
- Acting as the go-to person for the support team for questions and how to respond to users and advocate for customers.
- Answering support tickets (online and over the phone) and extracting important information from support and communicate the most important issues to the entire Shift team.
- Creating weekly reports with actionable solutions and timelines for management and reporting on key metrics like first response time, NPS, and churn.
- Continually building internal processes to make customer success operations more efficient.
- Creating Jira tickets based on information provided by our customers and testing and verifying user-facing bugs.
- Handling sensitive user information and payment information (use Stripe).
- Creating, maintaining, and reporting on the customer feedback loop via surveys.
- Writing and maintaining customer-facing content including canned messages, support articles, and emails.
After 1 week:
- You have a solid grasp of how Shift works and learning all of the ins-and-outs.
- You have been briefed on all of the Customer Success team OKR’s, daily tools, dashboards, and reporting.
- Familiarizing with our company goals, voice, and values.
- Getting to know your new team and are feeling happy and settled in your new work family!
After 1 month:
- You are a product whiz-kid.
- You are well versed in our company vision, goals and an active participant in team meetings.
- You are actively involved in direct communication with customers through HappyFox.
- Becoming well-versed in the entire customer lifecycle, and you can answer almost any question that comes your way.
After 6 months:
- You are a core part of the Customer Success team and its growing heartbeat; setting and crushing daily, weekly and quarterly goals.
- You are an expert on existing processes and starting to optimize the customer experience.
- You are a communication hub for all major stakeholders across the Company, Product Development, and Marketing Teams.
What we would like to see in you?
Every Shift team member has 3 things in common: We’re curious, hungry and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Customer Success Manager with Shift, there are extra superpowers we’re on the lookout for:
- 3-5 years experience in Customer Success, Support or Product (SaaS experience is a bonus!).
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Passionate about technology.
- Experience with HappyFox or other customer support software.
- Curious about everything that improves the customer experience; you are a natural ambassador.
- Customer-focused mindset: you believe the customer is always right and will go to great lengths to ensure they have an amazing experience every single time.
- 100% focused on follow-through; you are diligent and detail-oriented in your work.
- Thoughtful and strategic: you are able to dive in and look at the details, then zoom out and optimize the process.
- A team leader: you love working with people.
- University Degree or College Equivalent in Business, Communication, Product Development.
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Apply with your cover letter and resume and take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
- Download Shift -- we want to hear what you think!
- Be sure to follow Shift on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.