Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established businesses, and growing them to super-scaled profitability—all thanks to the people we hire.
- 4 portfolio companies and growing
- 1 amazing shared service team
- 100+ employees
One of our four portfolio companies, Rebase, our browser development division and legacy business, customizes Chromium’s open-source browser to create bespoke desktop and mobile browsers that reimagine the search experience. Our Rebase team is 9 people strong and borrows from Redbrick’s shared HR, finance and marketing services.
"[Redbrick is] the 4 Fs: fun, fulfilling, fast-paced and flexible!"
We think of the office as a second home and believe you should enjoy what you work on—and who you work on it with. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments like a second family and feel invested in your future. Flexible work hours and health and wellness funding (so you can get your gym membership or race registration paid for, no excuses) are a few of the perks of working at Redbrick. Plus, with regular team events, from ping-pong tournaments to Beer Fridays, work feels a little more like family.
As a Product Manager at Rebase, you will oversee all aspects of Rebase’s portfolio of products and be the glue between Business & Technology. Your work will be pivotal to the success of the team while working closely with the leadership group. Rebase has been building successful search applications since the beginning, and now that we have established our ‘legacy’ business, we are looking for a product-focused enthusiast to take our new products to the next level.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You want to know what you’re signing up for before you apply, right? As a Product Manager, you’ll be responsible to:
- Innovate extensively within the Rebase product portfolio, expanding the value of existing products, and spearheading the creation of new products from the ground up.
- Take ownership of the continuous improvement to the Lifetime Value KPI of our Rebase products by increasing user engagement.
- Work with the leadership team to create the product-focused Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) on a quarterly basis.
- Continue to expand the web presence for the Rebase products.
- Take ownership of in-app analytics and own MixPanel usage. Synthesize customer insights, quantitative and qualitative data, and business strategy into product concepts and requirements.
- Create and manage the Rebase product Roadmap and collaborate with all relevant stakeholders to define the product vision.
- Work closely with the Design team to mock up any new features & planned product changes while focusing on the appropriate UX for our user demographic.
- Work closely with the Tech team to ensure split tests are designed, executed and analyzed to increase KPls across our products & marketing flows.
- Manage the priority of tickets in our Kanban Board in accordance with our quarterly goals, and lead the weekly grooming sessions with the Tech team.
- Work closely with our Media Buying team, take leadership of our marketing funnel analytics and glean insights to improve our marketing flows.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of the competitive landscape from a product and marketing perspective.
After 1 week
- Introduced to the team and starting to get to know us all!
- You have a solid understanding of the software we build and the existing Rebase product portfolio.
- Familiarized with the product work on the go, the work planned, and the product work that needs planning.
After 1 month
- Significant learning within our analytics tools, especially MixPanel.
- Solidifying the Rebase Product Roadmap and with a clear vision for the Rebase product portfolio.
- Working on new features, doing wireframes, creating tickets, and making our products better!
After 6 months
- Significant LTV improvement to our products has been realized via new features live in production.
- The Product Roadmap has a clear vision, with lots of work ahead of us.
- You are working seamlessly with Tech & Marketing to bring real value to our users.
What we would like to see in you.
Every Redbricker has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Product Manager with Rebase, there are extra superpowers we’re on the lookout for:
- 5 years of Product Manager experience is preferred
- You love building products with a team from the ground up, and getting your hands dirty starting with design.
- You love seeing your products in production, gathering usage data real time, and taking that intel to make your products even better.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and love a fast paced environment where every day is a challenge.
- You are quick to take leadership and are willing to test anything that seems valuable.
- You enjoy all aspects of business, and understand this role is the glue between business and tech.
- You love people, are an excellent communicator, and enjoy working with various teams, skill sets, and personalities.
- You are extremely organized, and are able to document everything in terms of strategy, roadmap and progress.
- You are curious, and will initiate jumping down the rabbit hole to look into our data and find opportunities in marketing and product development.
- You like to have fun! We are a hard working team, but try not to take ourselves too seriously.
- You have experience with all the relevant software tools used by Product Professionals (a few we currently use are Asana, Invision, and JIRA).
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Apply with your cover letter and one-page resume.
- Take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team. Please let us know what products you have worked on in the past.
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram for all that is happening at Rebase and Redbrick.