Shift, a Redbrick portfolio company, is a productivity platform that helps customers streamline and optimize their workflow, in one beautiful place. On a mission to bring focus and convenience to the workday, Shift makes managing multiple apps and accounts—without logging in and out or opening up a browser—simple and intuitive. By re-thinking the way work gets done, Shift is solving an acute pain point felt by millions, and growing at an unprecedented rate.
Shift has established itself as a market leader in its category, having scaled at an impressive rate to redefine how consumers approach their digital-centric work lives. In December 2019, Shift announced the successful close of its $1M seed round, indicating the company’s product-market fit, business viability, and ongoing commitment to addressing some of the most common pain points felt by today’s technology users. Our Shift team is 15 people strong and borrows from Redbrick’s shared HR, finance and marketing services.
“The exciting, innovative, and collaborative culture at Shift is matched with brilliant, dedicated people who truly enjoy working together to solve problems and achieve big goals. There are endless opportunities to learn, and you feel like you are having a meaningful impact every day.”
We think of the office as a second home and believe you should enjoy what you work on—and who you work on it with. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and feel invested in your future. Flexible work hours and health and wellness funding (so you can get your gym membership or race registration paid for, no excuses) are a few of the perks of working at Redbrick. Plus, with regular team events, from ping-pong tournaments to regular Friday post-work gatherings, work feels a little more like family.
As a Customer Success Specialist at Shift, you’ll have turbo-charged technical skills, apply critical thinking for the best solutions, and want to work with a fantastic team of people. The ideal candidate for this role is a forward thinker and is always looking to test new ideas and isn't afraid to push the boundaries. You take pride in owning the support ticket queue and doing what’s necessary to keep response times low while keeping response quality high. You have an uncanny ability to read between the lines to interpret what the customer means and anticipate what the customer might ask next. You are detail-oriented and take pride in providing an excellent customer service experience in every interaction.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You want to know what you’re signing up for before you apply, right? As a Customer Success Specialist, you’ll be responsible for:
- Ensure external and internal customer inquiries are responded to within established timeframes, and technical support service levels are achieved
- Monitor the ticket queue inflow, reviewing and prioritizing tickets and communicating with the team when extra help is needed
- Resolve customers’ support tickets primarily through email and support call interactions
- Interpret what the customer means and answer each ticket with professionalism, empathy, and positivity
- Work closely with the Customer Success Manager and team to identify ticket trends, issues requiring development attention and updates needed to support documents
- Provide feedback on the quality and efficiency of support interactions and being proactive in recommending changes for improvement
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through regular interactions with development team members, attending product and bug prioritization meetings, reviewing the knowledge base, and participating in team meetings
- Understand team objectives and set goals to achieve them
- Help to build our knowledge base of answers to frequently asked questions
After 1 week:
- You have completed onboarding and have a grasp of how Shift works and its main features
- You are getting to know your new team members and are settling into your new work family
- You have been introduced to the Customer Success team OKRs, daily tools, dashboards, and reporting
- You’re becoming familiar with Shift’s company goals, voice, and values
After 1 month:
- You are developing a deeper understanding of how all the settings and features in Shift work
- You are feeling confident to answer almost any question that comes your way
- You’ve met all members of the Shift team, and are starting to build genuine rapport with them
- You’re well-versed in ticket workflow, processes, and support ticket documentation
After 6 months:
- You are actively involved in direct communication with customers and starting to contribute to OKR and ticket goals
- You are a core part of the Customer Success team and can effectively and accurately answer all types of tickets
- You own and manage the ticket queue and help keep ticket response times and tagging on track
- You regularly identify updates needed to support documents and the knowledge base around it
- You are aware of current issues, and are contributing meaningfully to develop prioritization meetings and Customer Success team discussions
What we would like to see in you.
Every Redbricker has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Customer Success Specialist, there are extra superpowers we’re on the lookout for:
- 1-2+ years in a customer success or product environment and interacting directly with customers
- Customer-focused mindset: you believe the customer is always right and will go the extra mile to ensure they consistently have an amazing experience
- Passionate about computers and technology
- Impeccable grammar, punctuation, with the ability to craft a detailed, well thought out email answering questions with clarity and accuracy
- Team-oriented mindset and willing to work collaboratively or independently
- Bachelor's degree in business, communication, computer science, or related technology field
- SaaS experience is a bonus!
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Apply with your cover letter and one-page resume and links to your GitHub or public repos and take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit on our team.
- Download Shift (tryshift.com) -- we want to hear what you think!
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram for all that is happening at Shift, and Redbrick!
Please note, the deadline to apply for this position is Friday, August 14, 2020. Thank you for applying!